At Congregation Beth Jacob our goal is to create a vibrant community that cares about, understands, and is committed to Judaism and V’ahavta l’re’echa kamocha, to love thy neighbor as thy self. In order to ensure the success of our programs, we need your support and commitment. Volunteering is a wonderful way to role model V’ahavta l’re’echa kamocha. As you model your own positive participation in our school and CBJ community, your children will respond with enthusiasm and embody the Jewish values we strive to impart upon our families. Your room parents will be contacting you for volunteer opportunities. Our hope and expectation is that every family participates.
Link through to the sign-up form and sign-up to volunteer for that grade's specific needs for the school year.
- Kindergarten volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 1st grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 2nd grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 3rd grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 4th grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 5th grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 6th grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
- 7th grade volunteer opportunities sign up form.
Link here for the descriptions of each of the volunteer roles for the school year!
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring Junior Congregation. It's easy, not expensive, and a mitzvah!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP to sponsor Jr. Congregation!
Please provide the following:
- 4-6 packages of of cookies with hecksure/kosher symbol (most packages are about 1 lb)
- NO NEED TO BRING CHALLAH OR JUICE...CBJ will sponsor the Challah and Juice this year!
- Set Up:
In the CBJ kitchen, locate the Jr. Congregation cupboard (as you enter from the social hall, the row of red cabinets on your left). There you'll find materials for and written directions to set up the kiddush. Although the directions will be posted, this is what you'll have to do: plate the cookies on platters, use the knife provided and cut challah into bite-sized squares and put on a napkin-lined basket, and pour approximately 50 kiddush cups of juice and place on the kiddush table on the far side of the social hall against the wall of windows. Laura, Lorna or Michal will be there to assist.
Set up is in the conference room/Beit Mifgash unless there is a chesed program that day. In that case, the Jr. Congregation kiddush is set up on one table in the social hall/Beit Kehillah.
Throw away table cover & cups and rinse platters in the kitchen.
Contact Michal Braker
Thank you for doing this mitzvah!
Our annual Purim celebration is fun for adults and children alike! Join us for the 2014 celebration. It will be our best yet!